Monday 23 September 2013

IMATS 2013 - Part 1 backstage of Rae Morris's presentation at Internation Makeup Trade Show Sydney






I was lucky enough to be invited to be at the back stage of Rae Morris's presentation at IMATS Sydney 2013, I took this opportunity and thought I would share with you some photos of makeup that professional make up artist used.

I first met Rae Morris in person was in the 2011 IMATS, she was one of the nicest people I ever met, and super down to earth, not like any other "famous / successful" people you might stereotype.



I can still remember that I was sitting near the entry of the stage, when Rae was about to go on stage, she realised that she was still chewing gum, but it was too late to find tissue or anything to wrap her gum in.  Then out of the blue, a hand was offer in front of her face to let her spilt her gum in, it turns out her lovely assistant had offer her own hand to let her spilt her gum in.  I thought it was hilarious and thought either Rae was a super great boss that her employee would "die" for her, or the assistance (who I later met, Erin) was employee for the year.  (of cause Rae didn't give her gum to Erin, she end up putting it in her pocket.)

Fast forward few months later, I was able to assist Rae in one of her makeup shoots in 2011, thanks to my beautiful model friend Katerina, and I was able to go to some classes that she offers. I learnt quite a lot from Rae, but I should stop writing my love affair with her, and get on with the backstage experience, and save the love letter for future blog post.



When you think backstage, we probably have the image of fashion backstage that Vogue has in their magazine, when I walked into the backstage, it was pretty much like the photo you seen in the magazine, except there are a lot of make up, and I mean tonnes! Any makeup addict would be happy with the collection on the table.


Mac - PRO Conceal and Correct Palette



zuca makeup case carry on

Different types of cases











There was at least 6-7 Zuca cases. 




The trustworthy Duo glue to help the glitters stay on the model's face. 






makeup belongs to the beautiful MUA Chereine Waddell  who was super nice.
she number each cases, which makes it more organised, and easy to find what you are looking for.
also, each cases was group into like items, and the case would also zip up perfectly, hence if there is a missing slot in the makeup case she would know straightaway, pretty smart if you ask me.








I think these are Rae's make up kit.








a huge bottle of alcohol to clean the brushes, probably one of the most important things.
and lots of Bioderma on the table as well. (I swear by it too. )


some of Rae's new brushes.
I have also pre order some of the new brushes too, can't wait to get my hands on it.




 You can purchase Rae's brushes from Rae Morris's web site

I will try to post more reguarly, please show me your support by  follow me on facebook, or
Instagram : shellylovesmakeup

you are also welcome to post any questions in the comment.


Until next time.
xoxo shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment